The Difference is in the Name

Where Do Surplus Motors Come From?

If you need a good 30 HP, 1750 RPM, General Electric DC motor 288AT where do you go? You could buy a new motor from the manufacturer, but you might pay more than seven thousand dollars. If you want a backup motor, then you may have to pay another seven thousand dollars to keep one on standby. You can buy used or reconditioned motors from a supplier, but there is another option, called surplus motors.

Companies Going Out of Business

Many manufacturing and processing companies start up each year and a lot of them eventually fail. In fact, many go under without a great deal of notice, and they have entire fleets of vehicles and all kinds of equipment just sitting there. They might have equipment like the 30 HP 1750 RPM General Electric DC motor 288AT or AC induction motors in stock to limit the downtime associated with motor replacement.

Projects Left on the Drawing Board

Perhaps a company plans a future expansion, and they wish to have another assembly or processing line. It takes a lot of electric motors to run conveyor systems and other components. They may purchase all the equipment and then someone from the main office may decide it is not in their best interests. When this happens, a brand new or completely reconditioned 30 HP 1750 RPM General Electric DC motor 288AT could sit in a warehouse, so the company sells it at a loss to get rid of it.

No Longer Needed

Some businesses have extra motors in stock for years. But what happens if they discontinue a process and they no longer need the motors? Companies like Romanoff Industries have many sources for surplus motors, and we get them at reduced prices and pass the savings on to our customers. To talk about your electric motor, gear reducers, or transformer needs, call us at 1-800-366-8778 today.